Well the packaging says it's non-toxic and bears an ACMI certification. I realize non-toxic is not the same as food safe, but then a lot of things we use on cakes is only labeled as non-toxic and technically not food safe either... Luster dusts, petal dusts, silver/gold dragees... do you use paintbrushes, scissors you buy from a stationary store? Ribbons from a craft store... Yeah.. all technically not food safe either, heck the last 3 aren't even labeled non-toxic usually... I guess, it all depends on the individual...
I'm not sure why but your reply feels a little hostile - I only wanted to know how you found out. As I've only used sculpey products in clay making before
I use non-toxic things all the time such as dragees and glitter - someone at an cake show once told me that some things aren't labelled edible as they can't be digested (or zero nutritional value) - we just get glittery things come out the other end lol!
I just presumed that the makers of a product that is usually used for polymer clay wouldn't bother making it non-toxic.
Thank you for letting me know I now know what I'm looking for when searching for products to decorate with!